Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Heart Rhythm Poblems-Anxiety-Hashimoto Thyroditis Triangle


thyroid
Recreated from Microsoft Images
Today I want to mention my  Hashimoto Thyroiditis story.Thyroid :Our dear BUTTERFLY shape organ!

As you know, I am Hashimoto Thyroiditis sufferer. I sometimes receive heart palpitations, premature beats..especially during fluctuations of thyroid hormon levels. When I experienced my first premature beats in  2007 , I felt too much worried about my heart, and visited several cardiologists. They told me there was no problem with heart , then they ordered Thyroid test (only TSH values) which returned good results at that time. But they didnt order Free  T4 , T3 and antibodies...

Anyway, cardiologist prescribed a  ryhtm regulator medicine which didnt treat premature beats. Then I visited another cardiologist, he gave me nothing;  as these , premature beats were not problem.I remember how I worried .. after turning
around from one doctor to another  I received my first panic attack . After receiving first panic attack , I started to go bottom day by day and my pscyhiatry visits started. Still nobody was suspecting  Hashimoto , they were onLy prescribing medicines and saving the day.. One day I went to a neurologist due to my severe headaches . I told her I was feeling so anxious and fear that I came  there with trembling..then she ordered Full Thyroid Panel Tests..
My antibodies were very high , however other values were in range .. I remember now ,they were near to hypo levels. She did not mention Hashimoto, she only told me this is normal .. Some healthy people have these antibodies (who can tell me a healthy person can have AntiTPO at 900 !!)

I remember how I got disappointed , there were no problem with my physical health  as doctors said. Then I admitted all the issues were only psyhcological and continued to take related pills. But I never felt ok.

Thyroid


My 1 year passed with visiting doctors , visiting emergencies   till my pregnancy .... My heart rhytm irregularites happened during first trimester. Anxiety was high during this first trimester.. After 1st trimester , I was comfortable. 



happiness
Recreated from Microsoft Images

After giving birth to my son , my energy level was its highest end ;I was very happy and strong ..

And dream ends here ....:

When we reached to 4th month of my son , my mood turned upside down, my  heart was beating at 104 while I was at rest .. I was feeling exhausted , muscle aches, headaches,  tired ... then fears and anxiety started. I applied to doctor he told me having baby may cause these problems as you have this background.This is because of "POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION"  ... Nobody could understand me.

One day I visited an Internist  in a private hospital near my house, he told me “you may have Thyroid problem”.. I told him I had all the tests before , and during my pregnancy also . “I dont have problem”. He told me , “after pregnancy hormones may change we have to do it” . I remember I was thinking of why these doctors are  obsessed with thyroid even they dont find any problem with it.

After he received the results , he was bewildered. He told “how you live with these hormones”.
My TSH was near to 0 (0.0037), two antibodies were >1000 (thousand) Free T4 and T3  was very high I dont remember the exact values now..Finally he put the last word “YOU HAVE HASHIMOTO THYROIDITIS, and now Postpartum Hashitoxicosis stroke you” and it was hyperthyroid state...

Hashimoto was the cause of my heart rhythm irregularities and tachycardia
Hashimoto was the biggest assistant to anxiety
Hashimoto was the biggest cause of my insufficient breastfeeding

This is why I always recommend people to check their  Thyroid levels, other hormonal issues, blood tests.. etc



"Image Courtesy of Microsoft . Images regenerated using Microsoft Images.."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!