Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nowadays I am Fighting with Driving Phobia



Working on beating Driving Phobia. This really needs right and professional help. 
I was used to driving car . Since 2011, I havent driven car , even I havent sit on driver seat.

My therapist applied EMDR for 2 sessions, then we together prepared a future template protocol.
My protocol is awesome. This is a scenario . We prepared it and then she read it . I closed my eyes and listened her. It starts like that :

I wear my casuals, I take the keys. I open the door , sit, adjust mirror and seat, place key, and go..
Firts I go to shopping mall, and buy presents for my son and husband. I buy perfume for me ( by the way I am a perfume and scent lover ) , then ....

Today I have just started to take practical driving course from a driving school , to practise on traffic ,(and this is  CBT ) . Today I drove for 1 hour , felt anxious , excited but was able to control by myself.

After few training, I hope I will be able to drive bymyself.... but I am not sure :( Just worth a try ...

Anybody who beat this phobia?


I will write updates..

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    I've had panic for 13 years now, driving is one of he times it affects me most. I find that my panic is worst on the motorway compared to smaller roads, or anywhere I stop/escape when needed. When I'm having a day where I am feeling particularly anxious and therefore more likely to panic , I tend to stick to smaller roads with less traffic and I'm generally fine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha, you are great , you continue driving ! Have you ever received panic attack during driving and what did you do?
      How do you control your anxiety ? Any technique you apply?
      Or just used to driving with anxiety? How long have you been driving with anxiety problem? 13 years really long time , how you fight with panic? Do you get any professional help?
      Sorry asked too many questions, but if you could answer I would really appreciate it :)
      By the way thanks for your comment and your visit to my blog :)...I am still fighting with this driving phobia, yesterday I took my 3rd driving practise lesson and trainer said I was really good at driving no need for help. I know I can drive, but I am still not sure whether I can drive alone ....I shall discuss the issue with my therapist as well. What do you think about it ?
      Have a nice day !!!

      Delete

Thanks!