Friday, November 29, 2013

Music-Water-Scent-Occupational Therapies at Past


health museum Edirne
A patient suffering from Chronic Psychosis
(Sultan Bayezid II Complex Health Museum Edirne-TURKEY)
While I am working on my driving phobia , I want to take you to a historical trip where you will discover the power of music ,water,activity ,scents  that is to say power of the nature.
I was on this trip 2 months ago, and that means  : I am back to life. This is one of the great achievement of my efforts , I am now able to go long distances, able to trip . I feel myself as newborn baby ;)
As you travel , discover new places, new information, you feel yourself stronger and gain back your self-confidence.I want to share what I learned during my trip. 
Would you like to travel at  past ? You fear travelling , as I did, dont worry , you will solve the issue, till you get rid of this phobia , give me your hand , I am taking you to 15th century. Are you readdddddyyy ?  Let’ s go!!!!!...

I take you to Health Museum in Sultan Bayezid II Complex – Edirne Turkey.
One of the most interesting construction  of history of medicine and psychiatry .

The place was constructed so that acoustic is very excellent for the purpose of Music and Water Therapy.
Many illnessess were satisfactorily treated in this place including mental illnesses.In time this construction had been allocated to only psychiatry.

Once you enter in psychiatry inpatient section where the patients stayed and got treatment in the past, you shall come accross a fountain pool in the middle , and hear the sound of water spurting from the fountain.  

 
water therapy
Entrance to the hospital. Fountain pool , water flows,you hear water sound

The hospital was built in hexagonal shape so that none of the patients saw other’s room.



  


Melancholic Patients 







Occupational Therapy









 In addition to water sprut rhytm , you will hear a peaceful , soft , mystical music of which the mode I was not familiar
At the back of the pool , there is a place where musicians were sit and perfomed musics with musical modes recommended by doctors according to illness types   3 times a week .


 
Musicians in the hospital

Each musical modes were specific to illness.
For example , for phobias, panic, anxiety, the musical mode was specified as BUZURG MODE 
Below examples to  Musical Modes and their field of usage 

**BUZURK MODE: Helps to remove anxiety and fear. Effective for brain damages and sore throat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Examples to Buzurg Mode :
available at TUMATA (Traditional Turkish Music Research and Promotion Society) site click to  LISTEN
available on youtube , performed by Prof Dr Ahmet Hakki Turabi click to LISTEN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**NIHAVEND MODE: Reduces back pain, lowers elevated blood pressure, helps to stabilize low bloodpressure.
**RAST MODE: Allows your body to experience a peaceful state of mind and helps you achieve better blood pressure and decrease your heart rate.
**REHAVI MODE: Reduces headache, brings intense relief to mothers giving birth, minimizes the pain.


I really loved the museum a alot. I again understand  that we have the power of the nature in our hands : Music, flowers and herbs, water and ourself....



PS: Those pictures were taken by myself. For more pictures you may refer to official website of the museum HERE








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!